EATA Training and Examination Handbook
EATA PTSC Chair: Elyane Alleysson
Mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
8 rue de Vauzelles
July 2013 – Chairs of PTSC and COC and PTSC officer for exceptions and expansions.
Following the recent AGM in Oslo we are happy to inform you that:
- The Chairperson of PTSC is Elyane Alleysson
- The Chairperson of the COC is Sue Eusden
- The PTSC officer for exceptions and expansions is Maya Bentele
This manual contains all the information regarding the requirements / rules / forms and guidelines related to TA training and TA examinations in all the four fields.
The official language of EATA is English it is the English handbook which contains the “official” version of the handbook.
The English Handbook and supplements: From time to time PTSC updates the handbook… These changes are published in the PTSC telegram.
The complete handbook
Section 1 – Introduction
Section 2 – Status of TA training
Section 3 – Ethics and professional practice.
(See the page on ethics for the complete EATA ethics code.)
Section 4 – The TA 101 course
Section 5 – The four fields of TA
Section 6 – Training Contracts
- Training Contracts
- UKATA Procedure for endorsement of CTA and TSTA Training Contracts
- 12.6.1 CTA Training Contract – updated December 2014
- 12.6.2 TSTA Training Contract – updated March 2015
- 12.6.3 Change in Principal Supervisor
- 12.6.4 Exceptions Documentation Check List- Updated December 2014
- 12.6.5 Expansions Documentation Check List – Updated December 2014
Section 7 – Exam regulations and time table
- Exam regulations and time table
- 12.7.1 Principal Supervisor’s Endorsement of the Written Examination
- 12.7.2 Candidate’s Submission of the Written Examination
- 12.7.3 Application Form for the Oral Examination and Principal Supervisor’s Endorsement
- 12.7.4 Completion of Registration Certificate
- 12.7.5 Procedure for CTA Oral Examination on site
- 12.7.6 Letter to the Evaluator of the CTA Written Examination
- 12.7.7 The Written Examination Scoring Scale
- 12.7.8 Letter to be sent with Evaluation(s) of CTA Written Examination
- 12.7.9 TA Counselling Scoring Sheet
- 12.7.10 TA Educational Scoring Sheet
- 12.7.11 TA Organisational Scoring Sheet
- 12.7.12 TA Psychotherapy Scoring Sheet
- 12.7.13 Written Examiner Evaluation Form
- 12.7.14 Examiner Evaluation Form
- 12.7.15 Candidate’s Declaration of No Plagiarism
Section 8 – CTA written examination
Section 9 – CTA oral examination
Section 10 – The TEW
- The TEW
- 12.10.1 Endorsement Letter for TEW
- 12.10.2a TEW Staff Evaluation Form
- 12.10.2b TEW Staff Evaluation Form
- 12.10.3 TEW Registration Form
- Application TEvW
- Endorsement Principle Supervisor TEvW
- April 2015: TEvW 7th Pilot outline and requirements
Section 11 – The TSTA exam
- The TSTA exam
- 12.11.1 TA 101 Topics for TSTA Exam
- 12.11.2 PTSTA Annual Summary Report
- 12.11.3 Principal Supervisor Annual Summary Report
- 12.11.4 TSTA Examination Application Form
- 12.11.5 Principal Supervisor’s Certification for TSTA Examination
- 12 11 5b confirmation of acceptance for TSTA exam
- 12.11.6 TSTA Theory Organisations Ethics Segment
- 12.11.7 TSTA Scoring Sheet Teaching Segment
- 12.11.8 TSTA Examination Supervision Segment
- 12.11.9 TSTA Theory certification
Section 12 – List of all the forms
The complete Handbook
- Download the complete handbook in one compressed file. Updated May 2016
New updated Appendix for the Handbook: Appendix, November 2015 – This outline does not form a part of the official handbook, it is a summary of administrative information.
Procedure for applying and running COC examinations
- The President/Chair of the National Organisation (or the delegate officer) applies in writing to the Chair of COC requesting to hold examinations and giving the date and place that has been chosen. He/she also specifies whether it is intended to hold both CTA and TSTA exams or just CTA.
- The President/Chair of the N.O., (or the delegate officer) in consultation with relevant people within his/her organisation, may also suggest an exam supervisor or supervisors at least nine months before the exam.
- COC will receive the request and confirm it at the next meeting including approving the exam supervisor. If preferred, COC and the Supervising Examiner will provide names of exam supervisors.
- Budget for exams form July 2010
- Contract for organising EATA exams
– to be used when applying for EATA funds for visiting trainer workshops…
- EATA: Budget Form for Visiting Trainer Workshops – Word format
- Budget form for EATA projects – PDF format
Job Descriptions for EATA officers
- Role of EATA observer – EATA / COC sends an official observer to exam venues.
- EATA supervising examiner
- Local Exam Supervisors job description July 2010 – This document deals with all the practical issues related to organising exams and is designed to be a guide for the local exam supervisors.
- Language coordinator
EATA delegate to the EAP: For details of the job description please download: Delegate to EAP
Current members of COC
- Sue Eusden, Chair Elected (from GA 2012)
- Alessandra Pierini, Supervising Examiner
International versions of the handbook
Note not all the the following international versions are the latest revised version…. Therefore if using these please cross reference with the most recent English version including payment and bank details.
- German translation of the handbook
- French translation of the handbook (One compressed file)
- Hungarian translation of the handbook