EATA Translation Dictionaries
Announcing the first stage of an exciting EATA project to develop a ‘dictionary’ of TA terms in as many languages as possible
This page contains a series of pdf’s that show translations into various languages of TA terminology. Just click to download and use the language you work with.
The terms translated are those in the Glossary in the well-known book TA Today. ( Stewart, I. and Joines, V. (1987) TA Today: a New Introduction to Transactional Analysis. Nottingham and Chapel Hill: Lifespace Publishing.) The authors, Ian Stewart and Vann Joines, kindly gave permission for us to reproduce their work and publishers of foreign editions – and other translators – have helped by providing translations that had already been done. In addition, several translators have donated their services to translate into other languages: they are acknowledged within each document.
- The downloads include one that contains the full Glossary, in case you need the explanations of the TA terms. Glossary with explanation of terms in English
- The explanations have not been translated – only the terms.
- More languages are being added so please check again in a few weeks time if you cannot find the one you need. If you are able to provide a language that is not yet shown, we will be delighted to hear from you: If creating a translation please use this template.
- It is hoped to add more TA terms in the future and your suggestions about these will be welcomed.
- Please advise any updates or queries to Julie Hay on firstname.lastname@example.org (in English please!).
List of translations: